G. Martin Hunter
G. Martin Hunter has been helping financially stressed people and businesses obtain a fresh start for over 20 years. He has represented people and businesses in nearly 1,500 cases in the Bankruptcy Court in the Western District of North Carolina.
Martin grew up in Asheville. He is a graduate of Asheville High School and is an Eagle Scout. He received his Bachelor of Arts degree from Davidson College in 1980 and his Juris Doctor (law) degree from Wake Forest University in 1986. He graduated in the top fifth of his law school class. From 1987 – 1989, Martin served as the law clerk to the Honorable George R. Hodges, United States Bankruptcy Judge for the Western District of North Carolina.
Martin is a Board Certified Specialist in Business and Consumer Bankruptcy Law by the North Carolina State Bar Board of Legal Specialization. He is a member of the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys and the North Carolina Bar Association, where he has served twice on the Executive Council of the Bankruptcy Section. He holds an AV rating from the Martindale-Hubbell legal directory, the highest rating available.
Martin lives in Charlotte with his wife and two teen-aged children. He is active in his church, and is the former President of the Board of Directors of A Child’s Place of Charlotte, which assists homeless and at-risk children in the public school system.
G. Martin Hunter
• Certified as a Specialist in Business and Consumer Bankruptcy Law by the North Carolina State Bar Board of Legal Specialization.
• AV Peer Reviewed rating from Martindale-Hubbell® Legal Directory, the highest level of recognition possible.
• Over 25 years of law practice.
• Served as Law Clerk to the Honorable George R. Hodges, U.S. Bankruptcy Judge, from 1987 – 1989.
• Mecklenburg County Bar Lawyer Referral Service Attorney of the Year in 2007.
• Member of National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys.
• Served twice as a member of the Executive Council of the Bankruptcy Section of the North Carolina Bar Association.
• Has assisted thousands of individuals in getting a fresh start through the use of the federal bankruptcy laws.
• Also assists clients in matters involving foreclosure defense, debt defense in state court, tax collections, wills, living wills, health care powers of attorney and durable powers of attorney.
• Graduate of Wake Forest University Law School.
• Graduate of Davidson College.
Mindy Holt, Paralegal
Mindy Holt has served as Legal Assistant to G. Martin Hunter since 2009. She is responsible for all Client correspondence, scheduling appointments, and filing court papers.
Mindy grew up in Louisiana. She is a graduate of Southwest Louisiana Paralegal College, where she obtained her Legal Assistant degree in 2002. From 2003-2005 she served as Executive Assistant to the President/CEO of the Greater Lafayette Chamber of Commerce where she served as staff liaison to the Board of Directors and Executive Committee. Mindy resides in Cornelius with her husband Tom.
How can we help you?
Contact us for more